Egg in a hole is a delicious breakfast favorite and the perfect item to cook on your Blackstone griddle. See why this loved breakfast dish is so popular and why your flat top grill is the perfect way to cook it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 2 slices of crusty Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter or glass to cut a hole in the center of each slice of bread.
- Melt the butter on the griddle once hot. Place the slices of bread over the melted butter.
- Crack an egg into each hole. Add the tomato halves then sprinkle with salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and cayenne, if using.
- Cook for 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another minute or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Plate, garnish with parsley and serve.