Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Whisk the pineapple juice, lime juice, garlic, oil, brown sugar, and lime zest together in a bowl. This is the marinade.
- Add the shrimp to a large resealable bag with the marinade. Move the bag around to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Place into the refrigerator to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Generously season the shrimp with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of oil onto the griddle once hot.
- Add the shrimp once the oil is hot and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip and cook for another minute or until the shrimp are opaque and browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a platter and serve as desired.