Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Serves 4 (2 tacos each)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional: lime wedges, cotija cheese, Mexican crema, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl. Season the shrimp with cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper, then toss to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Drizzle the avocado oil onto the griddle once hot.
- Add the shrimp once the oil is hot and Cook for 1 minute.
- Flip, drizzle the shrimp with chili oil, and cook for another minute or until the shrimp are opaque and browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Toss the tortillas onto the griddle and warm for 30 seconds per side or until pliable.
- Add cabbage to each tortilla followed by tomatoes, chopped red onion, and shrimp.
- Garnish tacos with cilantro and serve as desired.