Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, firmly packed
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Pinch of red chili flakes
1 pound skirt steak
2 garlic cloves, grated
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the griddle
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Stir the chimichurri ingredients together in a bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add the steak to a large resealable bag with the garlic, oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Seal and move the contents of the bag around for even distribution.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. Pat dry with paper towels, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat griddle to high heat until smoking hot.
- Lightly brush the griddle with vegetable oil.
- Transfer the steak to the hot griddle. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the steak from the griddle and let rest for 5 minutes. The final temperature should read 135 degrees F.
- Thinly slice against the grain. Serve with chimichurri.