Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups cooked white rice, chilled overnight
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Brush the griddle with a teaspoon of oil. Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk.
- Pour the eggs onto the griddle once hot. Cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring occasionally or until cooked.
- Transfer eggs to a plate, break into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of oil onto the griddle.
- Add the carrots, peas, onion, and garlic to the griddle once the oil is hot. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes or until the carrots soften.
- Increase the heat to high and add the butter.
- Add the rice and soy sauce to the griddle once the butter melts.
- Cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and green onions. Stir until well incorporated, then season the fried rice to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Plate and serve.