Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow or red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Optional: guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, chili powder, and cumin together in a bowl.
- Add the strips of chicken to the bowl. Toss to coat then cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once the hour is almost up, preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the griddle to medium heat and brush the griddle with a tablespoon of oil to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the chicken to the griddle.
- Cook for 12 minutes while occasionally stirring with a spatula.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Continue to cook while occasionally stirring for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Toss the tortillas onto the griddle and warm for 30 seconds per side or until pliable. Transfer the tortillas to a platter as well.
- Serve fajitas with any desired toppings and enjoy.
Check out more recipes on our blog now!