Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 2 slices of crusty Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter or glass to cut a hole in the center of each slice of bread.
- Melt the butter on the griddle once hot. Place the slices of bread over the melted butter.
- Crack an egg into each hole. Add the tomato halves then sprinkle with salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and cayenne, if using.
- Cook for 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another minute or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Plate, garnish with parsley and serve.
Check out more recipes on our blog now!