Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 1 pound salmon, boneless and skinless
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch of red chili flakes, optional
- Run your hands along the salmon to check for pin bones. Remove any that you find and discard.
- Cut the salmon into four 4-ounce fillets.
- Pat each fillet dry, then season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat. Drizzle with one tablespoon of oil.
- Transfer the salmon to the griddle. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and chili flakes (if using) together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Flip the salmon fillets and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Brush the garlic and ginger glaze over the salmon. Let cook for about a minute more or until thickened.
- Plate and serve.